8/13/2013

Food Photography Trip: Korean Cuisine (Bibimbap, kimchi, cold noodle)

Before I went to Korea, I only knew 1 Korean food: Kimchi. In fact, Kimchi in Korea is just a free small side dish every time you order food in a restaurant. Although I don’t like the smell and the taste of kimchi (too sour), there’re still other kinds of Korean food that I like, for example: bibimbap and Korean instant noodle, but not cold noodle. I had an unfortunate experience of ordering cold noodle and still regret it for the rest of my life, uughh. When I ordered it, I thought it would be nice to have something cold on a hot day. However, I was surprised when it came with scissors. Apparently, you have to cut the noodle with scissors since it's too hard for a plain-normal-looking fork. Don't ask me about its taste, I'm (or my tongue is, to be exact) still trying to forget it. Lesson learned: "cold" is best associated with drinks, not food.

If pork is “haram’ for you, be sure to ask before you order (there’s this sausage-like food in which rice is mixed with pork blood)

www.rindakoban.wix.com/rindakoban

Bibimbap

chili pickle

This is how scissors come to handy 


rice mixed with pork blood

Before you eat bibimbap, mix them while it's hot

The infamous cold noodle *greenish face*

Kimchi

Korean instant noodle

Korean sushi?

No comments:

Post a Comment